Transactions of the Thoroton Society of Nottinghamshire, Volume 106 (2002)

Cover of Transactions vol 106 (2002)Walking Fields in South Muskham and its implications for Romano-British Cropmark-Landscapes in Nottinghamshire by Daryl Garton with contributions by Ruth Leary and Vicki Naylor

A Roman Road at Belle Eau Park, Bilsthorpe, Nottinghamshire by Keith Challis, Vicki priest, Carol Allen and Gavin Kinsley

An Anglo-Saxon Sen from Rampton, Nottinghamshire by Howard Jones and David Knight

St. Bartholomew’s, Kneesall: A Possible Anglo-Saxon Church in Nottinghamshire by Richard Sheppard and Ron Firman

Settlement Morphology and Medieval Village Planning: A Case Study at Laxton, Nottinghamshire by Keith Challis

The Foundation of Bestwood Lodge, 1284 by David Crook

The Development of Private Parks in Medieval Nottinghamshire by David Crook

‘This Greate House, so lately begun, and all of freestone’: William Cavendish’s Italianate Palazzo called Nottingham Castle by Trevor Foulds

The Creation of Clumber Park, 1709-14: The Last Royal Park of Sherwood Forest by Sara Morrison

A Nineteenth Century Boundary Stone from Blaco Hill Farm, Mattersey, Nottinghamshire by Jenny Brown and Daryl Garton

The Nottinghamshire History Lecture, 2002: The Good Old Days - The Victorian and Edwardian Working-Class Diet in Nottingham by Denise Amos

Archaeology in Nottinghamshire 2001 edited by Sarah Speight


Ordering Transactions

Please see the Ordering Thoroton Society publications page for information on purchasing copies of the Transactions.